Thursday, January 14, 2010

To err is human.

Mistakes. We make them every day -- some are big, some are small. Some make us feel like our world is going to end, some we hardly notice. 


Some people aren't proud of the life they lead or they constantly wish that they could be more successful, make more money, finish school, etc. Too often, these people try so hard to make sure that others don't follow in their footsteps that they end up alienating those they are trying to "save". They are so afraid that people they care about will make the same mistakes they made. What they fail to realize is that sometimes making mistakes, whether similar to the ones they made or vastly different, is the only way we really learn things. 


Life is beautiful, wonderful, amazing, but at the same time it is chaotic, terrible and heart-breaking. 


Sometimes we need to be broken down in order to become stronger, sometimes we need to suffer in order to become a better person, sometimes we need to be completely stupid in order to become wise. 


Mistakes teach us about ourselves. Mistakes expose our greatest fears. Each and every mistake shapes our life. Without them, we are nothing; without them, we are flawless masses traveling a single path our entire existence. Without making mistakes, how could we ever appreciate the beautiful things in life -- love, family, friendship, success, laughter?



5 comments:

  1. Because I'm so manly like that I can tell you this post just reminds me of that song "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness Stephen. I didn't think I sounded like a mushy country song! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See? It's a GOOD thing.

    And do you not see my point? Check out the first few lines:

    "I set out on a narrow way, many years ago
    Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
    But I got lost a time or two
    Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
    I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

    Every long lost dream led me to where you are
    Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars"

    Just in case it didn't come across. I LIKED this post Alisha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Alisha. Learning to appricate what you have around you is blessing. We can only grow when we are challenged.

    ReplyDelete