Friday, January 22, 2010

When words leave off, music begins.

Someone in my apartment building does not know how to cook. (No, it wasn’t me. I made some delicious mahi-mahi tonight – YUM!)

I came to this realization as I was sitting in my living room shooting the breeze with one of my roommates when the fire alarm went off and we were told to evacuate the building.

We figured it was going to be a while before they were going to let us back in, so we walked over to one of our favorite hole-in-the-wall bars. After enjoying my glass of Riesling and realizing it had gone to my head a bit, I was reminded of a song I heard with on my way home from
up north a couple weeks ago (She’s Everything – Brad Paisley).


She's a Saturday out on the town
And a church girl on Sunday
She's a cross around her neck
And a cuss word 'cause its Monday
She's a bubble bath and candles
Baby come and kiss me
She's a one glass of wine
And she's feeling kinda tipsy



It describes me pretty well, so do a few other lines in the song, such as “the stealer of the covers”.

I don’t think this song completely describes me; in fact, it’s not even close to the whole story. I’m definitely not a church girl every Sunday, or a party animal every Saturday for that matter. Although, I think there is a cuss word (or two) for every Monday.

I like to think I have a nice balance in my life -- I know how to have a good time, yet I don’t let it be the focal point of my life. I get stressed out, but I know when to allow myself to relax. I love kisses (from the right men, of course). And lastly, one glass of wine can make me feel slightly tipsy.

I’m little, that last one is acceptable. :)

What song(s) do you think describes who you are?

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love this song!!

    Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz is my song. More so the "mess" part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great choice for the shoe of the week! love your blog hope youll follow He

    -He

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! That is another one of mine too. I love that song and Jason Mraz! Good choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Falling down by Jason walker. It describes how I feel so well it freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. two or three sizeable glasses of wine do the trick for me...and no hangover! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twenty something gurl - I hadn't heard that song before, but I can definitely relate to this part:
    "Not ready to let go,
    Cause then I’d never know
    That I could be missing
    I’m missing way too much
    So when do I give up what I’ve been wishing for"
    I'm planning to post about what I mean later today/tomorrow.

    Organic - What kind of wine do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete